Friday, February 8, 2008

Icicle

Back yard Walnut tree. I substituted for Beth P. yesterday for the afternoon shift at the
temple. Then when I arrived, they gave me Maxine B. assignments and she was the sealer's assistant to her husband, Nephi.

About a year ago, a temple worker, Joan S., broke her foot--her high heel caught between tiles outside going home from the temple. She told us last night that she found out why her foot broke. It was so her husband could have immediate care when he had a heart attack. I think he
was at the hospital when she was getting well when he had a heart attack. She said that otherwise he would have been somewhere on the ranch when he had it and would have died if he had not had immediate care.

Feb 6 2008 Last night it was two degrees below 0 and today the high was 44 degrees. So it was nice today! This morning Dad got up and built a fire, so that felt good! We have a long and big ice cycle at the corner of our house. I took a picture of it.

It has been a good day, even though a man was going too fast out by the county line and he slid into the back of Dad's bus when Dad was substituting a kindergarten run. He was the father of the little girl Dad was taking home. So instead of doing his afternoon run, we went to Heber so he could take a drug test. Even though it was not Dad's fault, the test was required to be taken within 12 hours of the accident. It was a fun ride. The sun was shining and there was snow on either side of the road. After being home 4 days in a row, he enjoyed being gone most
of the day.

I had a fun visit with Aunt Kathie, Aunt Marilyn and Aunt Vi and Pres. Reed at lunch time.


"No one who has ever brught up a child can doubt for a moment that love is literally the life-giving fluid of human existence. --Dr. Smiley Blanton (1882-1966) American psychiatrist.

*****************************************************************
Thank your Father in Heaven and His Beloved Son for the plan of happiness and the gospel principles upon which it is based. Be grateful for the ordinances and the covenants they have provided. I solemnly testify they have power to crown your life with peace and joy, to give
it purpose and meaning. You will learn that sadness and disappointment are temporary. Happiness is everlastingly eternal because of Jesus Christ. I solemnly witness that He lives, that He loves you, and that He will help you. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Richard G. Scott, “Finding Joy in Life,” Ensign, May 1996, 24

3 comments:

Amy said...

Glad Dad is ok after getting ran into. Josh and I were both surprised to see that is was 2 degrees below! crazy! OH, so many memories in that walnut tree!

Devin and Melinda said...

That IS a big icicle! Thanks for the post.

Mandy said...

I love the quotes you have shared, and I especially love the story about the sister who broke her foot. Sometimes it's easier to see the Lord's wisdom in our lives after we've already gone through pain and sorrow. I'm sure the pain her broken foot caused was worth having her husband with her still.