January 25, 2008 FRI. If Mama were still here, she would be 90 years old
today. Woody came to bring back a dish and we sang “Happy Birthday” to
him and we gave him a loaf of bread I made this morning. I am so glad he
came because it was a busy day. I cut Ann R.’s hair (she lives in
Heber), made rolls and cinnamon rolls and a loaf of bread for Thala
G. H. Laura M made potato-chicken soup and we took it to
her about 5:35 p.m. It was so fun to be in Paul & Thala’s home (Cody was
there too).
I then went to the viewing for Mae T. I watched the slide show they
had made for Mae. I was one of the pictures—it is with Mae in front of
the Manti temple when I went to UT with her one year. We had a good
time! We stopped in to see Seth and Pearl O. on the way and on the
way back we stopped in Flagstaff to visit her son and his family. That
family now lives in Snowflake.
I had a good visit with Glenna who is Fred’s age Sept 17 1939—one day
older than he is. They all treated me really nice.
Colette J. is having her 3rd round of chemo treatments this week.
They found another tumor, but it has shrunk to almost nothing and the
other tumor has shrunk a lot too. They are wondering if they need to do
more chemo because of the other tumor—something like that.
January 26, 2008 Sat.
I attended Mae T.'s funeral, left 3 parts early to go to the temple
where we were supposed to be there early, but both were canceled and the
baptisms late, so we wouldn’t have had to be there that early, but it
was better than worrying about it and it is always enjoyable to be at
the temple.
We were blessed when working in the temple. I was able to be in the
Celestial Room 3 times, so I saw everyone who attended endowment
sessions this afternoon. I got to do Initiatory as a worker and as a patron.
Jan 27, 2008 Sunday Pres. Hinckley passed away tonight about 7:00 p.m.
We will miss him! I have enjoyed his leadership so much!
We ate the simple, delicious breakfast Fred fixed. I read 3 pgs in the
Book of Mormon and then I typed up the notes I took at Mae T.’s
funeral. Nancy is in Texas helping Becky move into their new home. Nancy
will fly home Feb 1.
We attended our 3 hour block. B. Yates reported his mission. His whole
family were there. A. Yates blessed their 4th baby today while they
were all there.
It was fun tonight to get to visit with Valerie, Keith, Jennifer,
Melvin, Nicole, Amy and Jessica. We got to visit with Jerry Saturday. We
e-mailed Collins during the week
today. Woody came to bring back a dish and we sang “Happy Birthday” to
him and we gave him a loaf of bread I made this morning. I am so glad he
came because it was a busy day. I cut Ann R.’s hair (she lives in
Heber), made rolls and cinnamon rolls and a loaf of bread for Thala
G. H. Laura M made potato-chicken soup and we took it to
her about 5:35 p.m. It was so fun to be in Paul & Thala’s home (Cody was
there too).
I then went to the viewing for Mae T. I watched the slide show theyhad made for Mae. I was one of the pictures—it is with Mae in front of
the Manti temple when I went to UT with her one year. We had a good
time! We stopped in to see Seth and Pearl O. on the way and on the
way back we stopped in Flagstaff to visit her son and his family. That
family now lives in Snowflake.
I had a good visit with Glenna who is Fred’s age Sept 17 1939—one day
older than he is. They all treated me really nice.
Colette J. is having her 3rd round of chemo treatments this week.
They found another tumor, but it has shrunk to almost nothing and the
other tumor has shrunk a lot too. They are wondering if they need to do
more chemo because of the other tumor—something like that.
January 26, 2008 Sat.
I attended Mae T.'s funeral, left 3 parts early to go to the temple
where we were supposed to be there early, but both were canceled and the
baptisms late, so we wouldn’t have had to be there that early, but it
was better than worrying about it and it is always enjoyable to be at
the temple.
We were blessed when working in the temple. I was able to be in the
Celestial Room 3 times, so I saw everyone who attended endowment
sessions this afternoon. I got to do Initiatory as a worker and as a patron.

Jan 27, 2008 Sunday Pres. Hinckley passed away tonight about 7:00 p.m.
We will miss him! I have enjoyed his leadership so much!
We ate the simple, delicious breakfast Fred fixed. I read 3 pgs in the
Book of Mormon and then I typed up the notes I took at Mae T.’s
funeral. Nancy is in Texas helping Becky move into their new home. Nancy
will fly home Feb 1.
We attended our 3 hour block. B. Yates reported his mission. His whole
family were there. A. Yates blessed their 4th baby today while they
were all there.
It was fun tonight to get to visit with Valerie, Keith, Jennifer,
Melvin, Nicole, Amy and Jessica. We got to visit with Jerry Saturday. We
e-mailed Collins during the week
3 comments:
I love that picture of your mom(Grandma.) I don't think I have ever seen it before. Is she holding you in the picture?
What a neat post! I don't think I'd ever seen that picture of Grandma either. Your blog look great!!
I don't think January 25th will ever come without me remembering Grandma's birthday.
I have a feeling you are going to LOVE blogging!
Post a Comment