Thursday, February 9, 2012

FRED & SHEILA STEWART FAMILY NEWSLETTER for 2010 & 2011

              HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
   We appreciate your letters, e-mails, phone calls and visits. We now have
texting (928-243-1175 &  928-243-1330)—it would also be fun to
get a text from you!   I like to tell all of the good things in our lives,
so it was fun writing this family letter.

We had 2 new grandchildren (Spencer Louis Stewart Feb 28, 2010—
Melvin’s 1st son and Luke Joseph Murdock April 9, 2010—Jen’s 9th
child), our 4th great grandchild (Anders Kyle Folkman)
on July 2, 2011,& Kristen’s husband, Jaron James 
Meyer Dec 17, 2010, so we have 70 in our family including 43 grandchildren
and 4 great grandchildren.  We have good health and happiness.  Even though
our family live out of state, we have been able to see nearly all of them each
year at least once, for which we are most grateful. In August we will have our
50th wedding anniversary, we look forward to celebrating with our family in July.

We are happy we have 2 missionaries: Mason, Jerry & Bea’s son, in the
WA Spokane Mission (Spanish-speaking) & Baxter, Keith & Lisa’s
son, in Ohio Columbus Mission. 

Sierra's Baptism in Arkansas
In 2010 we attended the 2 baptisms:Michael Murdock &  
Tyler Dalton in Utah,and in 2011 we attended three baptisms: 
Gideon Stewart’s in Seattle, Kara Robertson’s in Brigham City,
and Sierra  Stewart’s in Arkansas.  In 2012 we hope to be able
to attend 4 baptisms. We attended Grayson’s deacon
ordination, Mason’s endowment session in the Mount
Timpanogos Temple, Kristen’s endowment session  Dec 11 2010
in the Ogden Temple,  Jaron & her wedding Dec 17 in the
Salt Lake Temple & her reception in Brigham City,
our Stewart family Christmas Eve program, and Christmas day with
Jerry & Bea’s family.  We were gone from home from
Dec 9 – 27,& we enjoyed spending 3 nights with each of our UT families.

   Fred is enjoying being the Ward Financial Clerk and doing 
Indexing in some of his spare time.He has read a few books too;
he is a fast reader.  He keeps our home fires burning and he helps
me around the house. He goes to work at 5:30 a.m.or before to clean
the post office every week day. On holidays he mops and waxes
the post office floors.
Fred Shoveling After a Big Snow Storm
Since Jerry was coming to AZ, we asked him to buy a new laptop for us.
He set up a new Toshiba laptop.  Fred is the Brother’s Temple
Coordinator on Saturday afternoons so he is able to do the schedule in
Excel on it. He does his weather reports on it, reads our e-mails
and the Church News.
    
Sheila: I walk with 6 good friends who like to walk daily. I call us the
‘walk and talk ladies’.
Walk and Talk Ladies
I like to cut hair and to keep the William Henry & Nancy Whipple
Lewis’s posterity up-to-date. With help, I completed a list of Lester
& Ella grandchildren in Excel. I was just released as Asst Sister’s 
Coordinator on the Sat. p.m. shift. In April 2010 Linda Langston
and I taught the CTR6 yr olds and then for a year or so we taught the
3 year olds.  We were just released and then we were called to be the  
RS Sisters’ Birthday Ladies-- we get to take a gift to each
Sister on her birthday.  What a fun calling!                                

Oct 22, 2011 I taught a RS Super Saturday class on how to make temple 
pictures with date & names.  
I have been making a duct tape wallet for each of our family members for
their birthdays. In it is a missionary card w/the name of the grandson,
a Cub Scout emblem, Eagle Scout emblem (YW Recognition for the granddaughters.),
“Pay an honest tithing”, a temple“Have a Celestial Marriage”, “Get an Education”, etc.

June 2011 We enjoyed seeing Danielle, Tyler, &  Cassidy in a performance of  
Sound of Music. They did Great!
Jennifer & Mark’s family came to see us and for her 20thHigh School
class reunion in 2010. 

April 1 2010  We enjoyed being with Valerie, Grant & Kara in Mesa where
we met to attend the Easter Pageant, and then they spent a few days in
Snowflake with us.  Grant, Valerie, Kara & Abbie (our great 
granddaughters) came a few days after Christmas this year to visit
and to help us celebrate New Year’s Eve.
  April 2010 Fred & I went to the Gila Valley Temple Open House with
Jim & Kathie.  It was fun to  see what it looked like. Kathie & Jim
showed us a good time and then they took us to see their land in Pima.

April 30 – May 10 2010  Fred drove us to Arkansas for Spencer’s 
blessing and we were there for Mother’s Day, so that was special.
  Sharon & John,Marilyn & Lenard were in Missouri on a trip and
it was nice that they came to the blessing.  Fred &
I attended Luke’s blessing in Utah too.
My Refrigerator 
July 2010 Mark & Jennifer Murdock’s family were in charge of our
Stewart reunion in Delta, UT. July 2011 Natalie & 
Justin Tingey’s family were in charge of our Stewart reunion
in Mantua, Utah.  –  both families did a really good job.
We learned and had lots of  fun!

August 25-Sept 7 2010  Fred & I drove to Seattle for Keith’s HP
ordination& his 2nd Counselor in  the Bishopric calling.  Now he is the
1st counselor. We also went to Seattle for Collins HP ordination and his calling
to be 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric in his ward in Feb 2011.
Their Dad ordained them both.

July 2010 Fred and I were in charge of the McCleve reunion in Show Low.
 Jerry & Bea’s & Josh  & Amy’s families were able
to come help us. The family bought a speaking system, so that will help us.

            2012:  John McCleve, my brother,  taught us how to copy family video tapes
  onto DVDs and then     the DVDs onto an external hard drive. It will be so
valuable!  March 9 – 30, 2011 Collins & Cameron paid for my flight to Seattle
to help, since Cameron donated one of her kidneys to a friend.  Cameron &
her friend are both doing well. 

May 14 – 21 2011 Fred and I did something we have never done.
We went on a cruise.
It was to Alaska on Norwegian Cruise Line with 5 of my bro & sisters &
their spouses!  John & Sharon made the arrangements for all 6 of us sibling
couples.  We embarked in Vancouver British Columbia.
All 12 of us attended the Vancouver Temple before the cruise. We needed
a passport to do so. It is nice to have a passport And I had my name
changed on my birth certificate so it is spelled correctly.  We disembarked in
Seattle where Collins & Keith gave our luggage and us a ride to
the airport. The cruise included stops at Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway,
Prince Rupurt.We were able to have a church meeting Sunday in a reserved
room on board.

We were able to eat together every night, since a table for12
was reserved for us every night.

In Oct 2011 Fred and I took the old fence down between Dody &
Clark Jones and our yard and we built and painted a new wood fence.
It was a fun project to do together, hence it turned out good!We also had
a large cottonwood tree cut down on our lot, before ruined the sidewalk
and curbs and so the roots can no longer get into the sewer lines.I also
painted the frames for our wedding photos around ‘Families are Forever’,
so they would all be the same color.
 
Fred and I usually go to a session on Wed mornings with my cousins,sisters &
Aunt Vi & Ron and then we  go eat and visit together.  Fred and I  
work at the temple on Thursday and Saturday afternoons (5 years).
  On Monday nights we have family home evening, & on Friday
nights we have a date. We have a great life.

We know from whom our blessings come and we appreciate Him so much!
We are thankful to live in the United States and to know truths and to have
the scriptures and a prophet and family and friends and  freedom and the
 strength to serve others.  May we all have a wonderful year 2012!
Come see or phone or e-mail us!   
 lickumstickum@frontiernet.net    928-536-7282        
www.snowflakesunshine9.blogspot.com                                                                                                                                     
             Fred and Sheila

5 comments:

France said...

Loved your newsletter. Thanks for posting. Lashelle

Taylor & Shauna Spencer said...

Grandma it was so fun to read this update! Taylor has loved his duct tape wallet! You guys are the best. We sure love!

Valerie said...

You got it done! It looks great. love you, Valerie

Michelle said...

Wow, what a fun post! Thank you for sharing all those happy events and great pictures. I love you both, and can't wait to congratulate you in person this summer on your Golden Anniversary! :)
P.S. I'm glad you mentioned the Sunday meeting you had on the cruise. Chris and I are hoping to go on one for our 15th and have been wondering how to handle Sunday. I think you gave us a great idea!

Adam and Shala said...

"Great Blog!" Says Abbie! I loved getting the letter and then I saw you posted it on blogger also. Fun! Abbie remembers your fridge with all the magnets on it. We love you guys!